[ux_slider infinitive=”false” draggable=”false” mobile=”false” arrows=”false” bullets=”false” auto_slide=”false” pause_hover=”false”]
[ux_banner height=”137px” bg=”4061″ bg_size=”original” bg_color=”#3894be” bg_pos=”62% 60%” video_loop=”false”]
[text_box width=”91″ width__sm=”90″ padding=”30px 30px 30px 30px” position_x=”5″ position_y=”50″ position_y__sm=”95″]
[section label=”Media Left” bg_overlay=”rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.85)” padding=”60px”]
[col span=”8″ span__sm=”12″]
[ux_image id=”223″ image_size=”original”]
Is treatment in scoliosis necessary for everyone?
Scoliosis is mild in 90% of patients and this may not require treatment. It is crucial to check if scoliosis progresses during adolescence at regular intervals via X-Ray scans performed in standing position. Treatment is required to be planned in case of progression.
Which elements are required to be taken into account in scoliosis treatment?
- Age of the patient
- Patient’s bone age (bone age does not always correlate with chronological age).
- Degree of scoliosis
- Location of scoliosis in the spine
- The phase of adolescence in which scoliosis occurred (start of menstrual cycle, breast development, hair growth)
- Patient’s gender
- Progression in scoliosis
- Findings such as back-low back pain and shortness of breath
What are treatment options?
Three treatment methods can be utilized for scoliosis treatment, namely: observation, corset treatment and surgery.
- Mild scoliosis for patients in developmental period (adolescence: adolescent scoliosis)
- Moderate scoliosis (under 45 degrees) of adult patients (after developmental period has ended) may be followed up via observation.
- Follow up intervals for observation is six months until the age of 20; once a year after 20 years of age.
- Utilized for scoliosis between 25 to 45 degrees.
- The aim is to stop progression of scoliosis while spinal development is ongoing for children in developmental age.
- It is usually utilized for scoliosis cases over 50 degrees.
- It may be utilized in cases where scoliosis causes discomfort for the patients with milder conditions or if there are clinical complaints for scoliosis.
- The aim is to correct scoliosis. The repaired spinal discs are unified once the maximum correction is achieved in a safe manner.
- Metal screws, hooks and rods are placed on spinal discs in the surgery. Scoliosis is corrected via the metal implants and kept in a corrected position until discs are unified (fusion).
[col span=”4″ span__sm=”12″]
[button text=”TREATMENTS” expand=”true”]
[button text=”FORM” expand=”true”]